Listed below is what you can do with the Japanese Language Skill you acquire.
After completing the First Year of Japanese (JAPN 110 & JAPN 120), you can…
- talk about everyday life, such as hobbies and plans for the weekend;
- order food at restaurants and make purchases at stores;
- write about your experiences and daily routine and give a presentation.
After completing a Second Year of Japanese (JAPN 130 & JAPN 140), you can…
- express what you want to say in everyday conversation;
- adjust your speech style depending on whom you are talking to;
- briefly explain the storyline of a book or movie;
- give a presentation about a topic you are interested in.
After completing a Third Year of Japanese (JAPN 200 & JAPN 220), you can…
- interact with people in business situations by using Honorific and Humble speech styles;
- express your opinions with supportive reasoning in discussions;
- write a short term paper about a topic you are interested in and give a presentation;
- understand the concept or idea(s) of lectures and presentations.
After completing a Fourth Year of Japanese (JAPN 401 & JAPN 402), you can…
- ask questions and express your opinions regarding current issues;
- understand the concept or idea(s) of authentic materials such as broadcasted news, newspaper articles, and magazines;
- write a term paper about a topic you are interested in and give a presentation.