Curriculum Vitae: Seth Andrew Major
Department of Physics
Clinton NY 13323 USA
- The Pennsylvania State University University Park, Pennsylvania
1997 Ph.D. in Theoretical Physics (IGPG formerly CGPG
- Syracuse University Syracuse, New York
1993 M. S. in Physics (Relativity Group's
- Swarthmore College
1991 Honors in Physics and Philosophy, B.A. (Physics Department
A Selection of Talks:
- Quantum Gravity: Quantum Geometry and Links to Physics (pdf)
- The Attractiveness of Loops and Ribbons(pdf)
Mathematics colloquium (sponsored by SIAM) RPI, 4 February 2008.
- Quantum Gravity: Physics?(pdf)
University of Massachusetts, Dartmouth, 14 March 2007.
- A Discrete Machian Model: Fermionic Sector (pdf)
Loops 05 Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics, Golm, Germany 10 October 2005.
- Quantum Gravity and Physics: How the former may become the latter (pdf)
Amherst College 7 October 2004.
- Exploring Quantum Gravity with Undergraduates (talk with audio and slides hosted by KITP)
Kavli Institute for Theoretical Physics, Santa Barbara CA, 21 July 2003.
- Life without Lorentz Invariance: Good, worthwhile, or merely crazy?
Perimeter Institute/CITA (U. Toronto) Mini-Workshop, 30 October 2002.
Research with Undergraduates
William Kahlbacker -- Hamilton '08
Senior Project 2007
Walter Schoen -- Hamilton '08
Senior Project 2007
Timothy Minella -- Hamilton '09
Michael Gregg -- Hamilton '08 (SUNY Downstate Medical School)
Summers 2006, 2007 Senior Project 2007
Yubo Lu -- Hamilton '07
Summers 2006, 2007
Julia MacDougall -- Hamilton '08 (Brown in Geophysics)
Rob Silversmith -- Clinton High School (Williams 2011, University of Michigan in Mathematics)
Alice Francis -- Hamilton '06
Senior Project 2005-06
Benjamin Auerbach -- Hamilton '05 (Yale PhD 2011)
Summer and Senior Project 2004
Sean McGovern -- Hamilton '07 (Notra Dame in Philosphy)
Summer 2004 and Senior Project 2006
Nancy Shaw -- Hamilton '07 (SUNY Potsdam in Computer Science)
Dan Heyman -- Hamilton `02
Summer and Senior Project Fall 2002
Julien LeBrun -- Paris VI (French exchange student)
Tomasz Konopka -- Hamilton `01 (Waterloo/PI, PhD 2007 now in Brussels in Biology)
Summer and Senior Project Fall 2001
Kevin Setter -- Swarthmore `02 (Cambridge and CalTech)
Summers 2000, 2001 and Honors Thesis
Michael Seifert -- Swarthmore `01 (Chicago, PhD 2008, now at Williams)
Summer 2000, Honors Thesis (Apker Award finalist)