- Eliane Barker joined the Economics Department on July 1, 2022 as a tenure track faculty member.
- Three faculty members currently hold endowed chairs: Stephen Wu is the Robert D. Morris Professor of Economics, Ann Owen is the Henry Platt Bristol Professor in Public Policy and Chris Georges is the Elias W. Leavenworth Professor of Economics.
- Recent and forthcoming publications are located on the faculty pages on the College website.
- Congratulations to the seniors who received Honors in Economics in 2021: Garrett Callen, Craig Engert, Benjamin Gardner, Jiin Jeong, Everett Johnson, Frederick Xongmixay, Jakeb Camel, Xingyu He, Daniel Heintz, Joshua Labonte, Conor Quinn, Jianyi Yang, Robert Dotterer, Brittany Kainen, Anna Neumann, Sajan Palanki, Jafar Sharipov, and Adeoto Sotinwa.
- The Department selected Craig Engert, Xingyu He, Jiin Jeong, and Jafar Sharipov to receive the Senior Prize in Economics for the 2020-21 academic year.
- The Sidney and Eleanor Wertimer Prize Scholarships in Economics for the 2020-21 academic year were awarded to James Argo '22, Christopher Inkiow '22, Taron Kui '22, Sana Salimi '22, and Fan Xiang '22. This prize is awarded annually to juniors who have excelled in the study of economics.
- Hamilton's class of 2021 members of Omicron Delta Epsilon, the national undergraduate economics honors society, are: Cameron Baker, Jakeb Camel, Craig Engert, Katherine Gagnon, Benjamin Gardner, Chengzuo Guo, Daniel Heintz, Jason Hsieh, Jiin Jeong, Everett Johnson, Matthew Kasanoff, Spencer Kendall, Alexander Kurtz, Anna Neumann, Jafar Sharipov, and Frederick Xongmixay
Economics majors have worked with Economics faculty on Summer research projects in the recent past.
Professor Ann Owen and Jaemin Woo ’17: "Forecasting Private Consumption with Google Trends Data"