"... I’m a professional theoretical physicist and I would like to make a clean theory. And when I look at Quantum Mechanics I that it’s a dirty theory.” -J. Bell (in "The Ghost in the Atom" editied by Davies and Brown)
||Seth Major, smajor, 4919, G052
||Primarily, but not exclusively, Friday afternoons
||Sundays 7-10 PM
John Townsend, A Modern Approach to Quantum Mechanics 2nd edition
Davies and Betts, Quantum Mechanics 2nd edition (optional)
- Guide 8 is posted.
- The mid-term is also posted. Before you download the mid-term make sure all your notes and solutions are complete. By linking on the link you agree that your notes are as you like them and that you will not assemble any more on material from chapters 1-5 (through week 6) until you finish the mid-term. Ready? Click here for the mid-term.
Weekly Guides (pdf):
- The informal Dirac Notation Intro
- Spin Network Primer
- For details on the unit conversion recipe see this link. For more on Gaussian units see this pdf from Robert Littlejohn at Berkeley.
- This is a link to the paper achive "arXiv" hosted at Cornell.
- Here's the link to the EPR tale.
- Follow this link to the Phys Rev website. By selecting the journal and typing in the volume and page number you can dowload the EPR paper, Phys Rev 47 (1935) 777.
- Here's a review sheet outlining many of the topics we will discuss this semester.
- Hydrogen wavefunctions! See ``Atom in a Box''. Or this very nice orbital visualization tool.
Last modified 10 March 2014