Summer Program in Philosophy
CFP: Pedagogy Resident
The Hamilton College Summer Program in Philosophy committee is thrilled to announce that we're seeking a Pedagogy Resident for our 2023 program.
The Pedagogy Resident, supported by the Small Grant Fund of the American Philosophical Association (APA), will help aid faculty and tutors in designing innovative pedagogy for their classes. The resident will improve our program by helping instructors and graduate student tutors both to reflect on and communicate their work to a wider audience. They will coordinate pedagogical programming during the program and facilitate pedagogical outreach via post-program collaborations toward presentations and publications. In particular, the Pedagogy Resident will be asked to:
- Remotely, in preparation:
- Hold three one-on-one pre-program meetings with each of the instructors to discuss their plans for the course; and
- Hold one joint pre-program meeting with the three graduate student tutors to discuss their pedagogical aims for the program.
- In person, during the program:
- Engage each of the three courses, including sitting in on classes and debriefing with both instructors and tutors; and
- Organize formal and informal discussions about pedagogy.
- Remotely, after the program:
- Submit either one article for publication or a proposal for a conference presentation by the end of December 2023.
Candidates should have experience in the scholarship of teaching and learning in philosophy, a strong record of publication on philosophical pedagogy, and an interest in working collaboratively with HCSPiP instructors and tutors. The Pedagogy Resident will receive a stipend of $5,000.
To apply, send a brief description of your expertise and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline March 1, 2023.